News & Events
Men Women and Children Family Shelters
- December 1, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Family Shelters
- 3406 Wisconsin St, Baytown, TX 77522
- (281) 837-1654
- Bay Area Homeless emergency shelter provides separate men’s and women’s dormitories, along with three meals a day. New clients are accepted between 9am and 4pm daily. Individual case management plans are provided shortly after intake. Transportation is provided for job searching processes (employment interviews, resume critiques, on-the-job readiness training). Clients participate in training activities along with routine household chores.
- 111 S Ave G, Humble, TX 77338
- (281) 441-3754
- Family Promise of Lake Houston is a 90-120 day Self-Sufficiency Program for homeless families with children. They provide individual counseling, Budget Coach, Life Skills Coach, employment training, Fast Track GED, a two-year After Care Program, overnight accommodations, and meals. All adults must work and participate fully in all aspects of the program. Children will be enrolled in school or a daycare program. They are a sober program. There is no public transportation in the area, therefore all adults must have a valid drivers license and be able to drive a car. Please visit their website above for more information.
- 1207 Thompson Ave, Conroe, TX 77301
- (936) 441-8778
- Family Promise of Montgomery County is a 90-day program providing families in need with shelter, meals, transportation, and other assistance. Families are required to work full-time and take the necessary steps to become independent and self-sufficient, while children must be enrolled in school and/or child care programs. Family income is held in a Client Savings Account during the program, and released as a savings account upon exiting the program. Visit their Facebook page for more information and news about upcoming events:
- 304 Ave E, Conroe, TX 77301
- (936) 760-2440
- Salvation Army’s Montgomery County Corps is the only shelter in Montgomery County with overnight lodging for homeless men and women. Short-term financial assistance and social activities are available for low-income families and the elderly. Educational, recreational, and spiritual mentoring programs are provided for youth.
- 2575 Reed Rd, Houston, TX 77051
- (713) 222-2220
- Star of Hope Family shelter can house up to 300 guests in 71 rooms. Allowed stay is up to 90 days. The facility also houses a medical clinic, licensed daycare, pre-school area, teen activity room, computer learning center, and volunteers come daily to assist children with homework and enrichment activities. Adult residents are required to perform household chores and attend motivational classes that are based on Christian principles.