News & Events
Ending Family Homelessness
Being in safe and stable housing benefits both parents and children for a lifetime, improving their overall well-being, health, education, and future employment opportunities—outcomes that strengthen our communities and our country as a whole.
What’s Driving Progress
To prevent families with children from experiencing homelessness, and to make sure that when families do experience homelessness they can quickly regain permanent housing, communities need robust, coordinated systems, focused on shared outcomes. Recent federal, state, and local action has focused on:
- Aligning data among federal programs
- Strengthening housing solutions specifically for families
- Deepening partnerships with domestic violence service providers
- Strengthening education outcomes for young children experiencing homelessness
What You Can Do
- Review the Criteria and Benchmarks for Achieving the Goal of Ending Family Homelessness to see what it takes to end family homelessness in your community.
- Read the latest data on family homelessness.